The Caring for Children course at YMCA Key College will kick-start learners’ careers in working with children. It is ideal for those wanting to become a nursery nurse or childminder. Students completing this course will gain an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to care for young children. There will be a focus on children’s growth and learning and development.
CACHE Level 1 Diploma in Caring for Children
CACHE Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Entry requirements: Aged 16-18, or up to 24 with an EHC plan
Course delivery: Full-time
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Children’s play and leisure activities in the community
- Practical health and safety when with young children
- Understanding learning and development through play
- Technology activities for young children
- Healthy eating for families
- Craft activities for young children
- Supporting babies to play
- Science activities for young children
- Musical activities for young children
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- Preparing for your next steps
This course is available at our Osmaston Road and Chesterfield Campuses.
Please email email@example.com, telephone 01332 854646, or click the button below to message us.