The Level 3 City & Guilds Award in Education and Training is a nationally recognised qualification for teaching in post-16 education (i.e. adult education). It gives teachers, or those wishing to teach in the adult, post compulsory sector, a recognised, good quality award. Getting this award shows that you have the required skills to deliver training and carry out assessment during that training. You can then progress to a level 4 qualification or a level 5 qualification as you gain experience and expertise – finishing with a full QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills) qualification if required.
This qualification can help you to progress in teaching/training roles in a wide range of organisations in the lifelong learning sector. These include:
- Public sector organisations
- Private sector organisations
- Further Education, Adult and Community Education
- The roles and responsibilities of a teacher in education
- Relationships between different professionals in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches to meet the needs of learners
- Creating a safe and supportive learning environment that engages and motivates their learners
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of inclusive teaching and learning
- Reflecting on their own previous/current levels of experience, practice and skills
- Identify different types and methods of assessment
If you have any further questions in regards to the course or require further information please do not hesitate to contact YMCA Key College on 01332 579573.
We will be happy to look at suitable dates for you to enrol/start and advise you of the cost of your chosen course.