Level 1 in Digital Skills and IT
The objective of this qualification is to prepare students for a career or further education in digital technology. It will enable students to learn digital skills in different areas including personal and professional, as well as how to communicate more effectively using technology.
This course is available at the Ilkeston campus.
✅ Learn how to work safely in a office
✅ Digital skills in business situations
✅ How to communicate socially using technology
✅ How to communicate professionally using technology
✅ Maintain safety and security of data and devices
Level 1 in Digital Skills and IT.
Aged 16-18, or up to 24 with an EHC plan
What do our students say?
Take a look at some of the comments from our past and present students. You can read more about our students success stories here.
What is it like to study with YMCA Key College?
- Tailored learning
- Achievement ceremonies
- Relaxing break-out rooms
- Calm and friendly atmosphere
- Free meals such as breakfast and lunch *
- Bursaries *
- Resources provided, including uniforms where appropriate such as “chef whites”
- Help with travel costs to and from our campuses (e.g. bus/train fares)
- Help with job searches, applications, CVs and preparing for interviews
- Access to various work experience and volunteer opportunities
- Roll-on, roll-off courses which means you can be start at any point throughout the year
- Through an individualised timetable
- Through studying for qualifications in a range of subjects for the workplace, all of which include employability, personal development, Maths and English
- Through a work experience placement where possible/relevant