Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
Offering an introduction to the health and social care industry, this course is perfect for those who are seeking a rewarding career within the industry.
✅ Investigating rights and responsibilities at work
✅ Managing your health at work
✅ Preparing for work placement
✅ Learning from work placement
✅ Personal care
✅ Creative activities for children
✅ Learning experiences for children and young people
✅ Creative and leisure activities for adults
✅ Promoting healthy eating in care
✅ Communication with adults and children
✅ Job opportunities
City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
Aged 16-18, or up to 24 with an EHC plan
What do our students say?
Take a look at some of the comments from our past and present students. You can read more about our students success stories here.
What is it like to study with YMCA Key College?
- Tailored learning
- Achievement ceremonies
- Relaxing break-out rooms
- Calm and friendly atmosphere
- Free meals such as breakfast and lunch *
- Bursaries *
- Resources provided, including uniforms where appropriate such as “chef whites”
- Help with travel costs to and from our campuses (e.g. bus/train fares)
- Help with job searches, applications, CVs and preparing for interviews
- Access to various work experience and volunteer opportunities
- Roll-on, roll-off courses which means you can be start at any point throughout the year
- Through an individualised timetable
- Through studying for qualifications in a range of subjects for the workplace, all of which include employability, personal development, Maths and English
- Through a work experience placement where possible/relevant