Hospitality and Catering
Hospitality and Catering is taught from our well-equipped commercial kitchen. Learners have various work experience opportunities whilst completing this course including both preparing, cooking and serving of food to customers in our own community cafe, or through various external catering events for civic and corporate customers.
This course is available at our Marble Hall campus.
✅ Food safety
✅ Menu planning and design
✅ Principles of beverage product and knowledge
✅ Legislation in food and beverage service
City & Guilds Entry 3 and Level 1 Introduction to the Hospitality Industry
Aged 16-18, or up to 24 with an EHC plan
What do our students say?
Take a look at some of the comments from our past and present students. You can read more about our students success stories here.
What is it like to study with YMCA Key College?
- Tailored learning
- Achievement ceremonies
- Relaxing break-out rooms
- Calm and friendly atmosphere
- Free meals such as breakfast and lunch *
- Bursaries *
- Resources provided, including uniforms where appropriate such as “chef whites”
- Help with travel costs to and from our campuses (e.g. bus/train fares)
- Help with job searches, applications, CVs and preparing for interviews
- Access to various work experience and volunteer opportunities
- Roll-on, roll-off courses which means you can be start at any point throughout the year
- Through an individualised timetable
- Through studying for qualifications in a range of subjects for the workplace, all of which include employability, personal development, Maths and English
- Through a work experience placement where possible/relevant