LEARNING SUPPORT STAFF
Staff provide a caring and supportive environment for learners, enabling them to overcome barriers to learning, raising their aspirations and life chances
Who we are
At campuses in Derby, Ilkeston and Chesterfield we provide a range of accredited training courses for young people aged 16-19 and aged 14 to 24 in some instances.
We simply provide suitable learning courses, the right environment and highly qualified and dedicated tutors.
We are proud of our links with many local businesses, enabling us to offer our learners relevant practical work experience and volunteer opportunities. Our Project Alfie programme (ymcaderbyshire.org.uk/project-alfie-seeks-local-employers) sees us working with employers across the county to help create opportunities for our young people to experience the world of work.
Why study at YMCA Key College?
- Small class sizes
- Tailored learning
- A high quality education
- Unparalleled pastoral support where every student is valued as an individual and is supported, no matter what, in an inclusive environment where people genuinely care and students can thrive
- Relaxed and friendly atmosphere and supportive student community
What do we offer?
- Free Meals* – we provide breakfast and lunches
- Resources provided, including uniforms where appropriate e.g. “chef whites”
- Help with travel costs to and from our campuses (e.g. bus/train fares)
- Help with job searches, applications, CVs and preparing for interviews
- Access to various work experience and volunteer opportunities
* where eligible