Practical work skills level 1
Interested in gaining life skills & confidence in different areas? The Practical Work Skills course covers a range of learning objectives such as building trades, gardening and IT skills.
✅ Learn about Gardening
✅ Study Digital Skills
✅ Try out different building trades such as woodwork or decorating
✅ Learn skills to prepare for an interview
✅ Learn Cooking Skills
Level 1 Practical Skills, alongside an Extended Award in Employability, Maths and English
Aged 16-18, or up to 24 with an EHC plan
What do our students say?
Take a look at some of the comments from our past and present students. You can read more about our students success stories here.
What is it like to study with YMCA Key College?
- Tailored learning
- Achievement ceremonies
- Relaxing break-out rooms
- Calm and friendly atmosphere
- Free meals such as breakfast and lunch *
- Bursaries *
- Resources provided, including uniforms where appropriate such as “chef whites”
- Help with travel costs to and from our campuses (e.g. bus/train fares)
- Help with job searches, applications, CVs and preparing for interviews
- Access to various work experience and volunteer opportunities
- Roll-on, roll-off courses which means you can be start at any point throughout the year
- Through an individualised timetable
- Through studying for qualifications in a range of subjects for the workplace, all of which include employability, personal development, Maths and English
- Through a work experience placement where possible/relevant